Atlanta is the capital of Georgia and one of the biggest cities in the U.S. When planning a vacation to Atlanta, you get to choose from a wide range of activities and experiences. Visitors may see the big attractions in downtown Atlanta, while others head to Buckhead or Midtown for some of the finer things in life. If you need a relaxing day at the spa, then make your way outside the city for sightseeing or an exhilarating adventure. Whether you're traveling for business or pleasure, you're guaranteed to have an unforgettable experience when visiting The City too busy to hate.
Atlanta is a must-visit for anyone looking for an exciting place to visit. If you're looking to make the move, there is no better time than now. Whether you want to go out on the town and find yourself surrounded by tantalizing smells, deliciously crafted drinks, and mouth-watering food or jam out in a live recording session at one of Atlanta's local hangout spots, this guide will get you fired up and inspired to experience the city we call home: Atlanta.
Atlanta is home to many impressive landmarks, including the world's largest aquarium and the busiest airport in the country. Whether you're looking to soak up some sun or explore some of the city's most popular tourist spots, our Atlanta travel guide has everything you need to get started.
Atlanta is a city with a lot to offer visitors, whether they're looking to explore its famous landmarks or take in some of the city's best cultural offerings. Here are some of the top things to do in Atlanta:
Atlanta is a huge city, so it can be difficult to know where to go and what to avoid. Here are four things to keep in mind if you're planning a trip to Atlanta:
1. Don't be fooled by the grid layout of the city. While downtown is relatively safe and walkable, the neighborhoods immediately surrounding it can be unsafe after dark. Instead, focus your exploration on Midtown and Buckhead, which are both well-lit and relatively safe.
2. Avoid walking alone at night in any part of the city. The areas near MARTA (the metropolitan rail system) are generally safe, but other parts of town can be dangerous. If you do have to walk at night, stick to well-lit areas with plenty of people around.
3. Use common sense when traveling in Atlanta. The city is large and there are a lot of attractions and places to visit, but don't let yourself get overwhelmed. Try not to travel on foot after dark or wander too far from familiar territory.
4. Stay alert when traveling in Atlanta and use common sense when exploring unfamiliar neighborhoods or areas at night.
When planning your trip to Atlanta, there are many options available for where to stay. Atlanta has a wide range of prices and types of accommodations, from budget-friendly motels to luxurious hotels. Whether you're looking for a place to stay near the city center or in a suburb, the following are some of the best options in Atlanta.
Budget-Friendly Accommodations: If you're on a tight budget, consider staying at one of Atlanta's many budget-friendly motels. Some of the best options include the Super 8 Motel and Value Place Hotel. Both locations are located in downtown Atlanta and offer reasonable rates for a room with a private bath.
Midrange Accommodations: If you're looking for nicer accommodation with better amenities, consider staying at one of Atlanta's midrange hotels. Some great choices include the Marriott Marquis, InterContinental Atlanta, and Westin Peachtree Plaza. All three locations offer excellent facilities, such as restaurants, fitness centers, and spas.
Luxury Accommodations: For a luxurious experience, stay at one of Atlanta's luxury hotels—such as the Four Seasons Hotel Atlanta, St. Regis Atlanta, and the Waldorf Astoria Atlanta Buckhead. All of these locations offer luxurious rooms and amenities, such as gourmet dining options, concierge services, and more.
Atlanta is home to a plethora of delicious options when it comes to food. Whether you're looking for a quick bite, a sit-down meal, or something in between, there's something for everyone in the city. Here are some of our favorites:
1. Sweet Auburn Bakery - This little bakery is a local favorite for its delicious pastries and coffee. It's also got a great selection of breakfast foods and sandwiches.
2. Piedmont Restaurant - This upscale restaurant is perfect for special occasions or if you're looking for something really special. The meals here are some of the best in Atlanta, and the wine list is extensive.
3. Bocado - This popular Mediterranean restaurant is perfect for lunch or dinner. The food is consistently excellent, and the atmosphere is lovely and relaxing.
4. Five Points Pizza - If you're looking for something quick and cheap, Five Points Pizza is your go-to spot. They've got all sorts of pizza options, from thin crust to deep dish, and they're always fresh and delicious.
5. La Mediterranea - If you're looking for an elaborate Italian meal, La Mediterranea is your place. Thefood is absolutely fantastic, and the atmosphere is luxe and romantic.
6. Pho Binh - This Vietnamese restaurant is a great option if you're looking for something quick and tasty. They've got a great selection of dishes, all of which are cooked quickly and fresh.
7. General Muir - This restaurant is perfect for a romantic dinner. The food is delicious and the atmosphere is lovely and relaxing.
8. Sweet Auburn Kitchen - This casual cafe is a great option for breakfast or lunch. They've got a great selection of sandwiches, salads, and desserts, and the staff is always friendly and helpful.
9. Bocado Taqueria - If you're looking for something quick and cheap, Bocado Taqueria is your go-to spot. They've got all sorts of tacos options, from soft shell to carne asada, and they're always fresh and delicious.
10. The General Muir - This restaurant is perfect for a romantic dinner. The food is delicious and the atmosphere is lovely and relaxing.
11. The Highland Bakery - This bakery is a great option if you're looking for something quick and convenient. They've got a great selection of bakery items, as well as coffee and pastries.
12. Piedmont Park - If you're looking for a nice walk in the park, Piedmont Park is the perfect place to go. It's got a beautiful lakeside setting, and there are plenty of trails to explore.
13. BurgerFi - This burger joint is perfect for a quick bite. They've got a great selection of burgers, as well as sandwiches, salads, and desserts.
14. Pho Binh - This Vietnamese restaurant is a great option if you're looking for something quick and tasty. They've got a great selection of dishes, all of which are cooked quickly and fresh.
15. Five Points Pizza - If you're looking for something quick and cheap, Five Points Pizza is your go-to spot. They've got all sorts of pizza options, from thin crust to deep dish, and they're always fresh and delicious.
There is no shortage of shopping in Atlanta. The city has an impressive array of high-end stores, as well as trendy boutiques and specialty shops. Whether you're looking for luxury brands or unique finds, Atlanta has something for you. Here are some of the top shopping destinations in Atlanta:
The Midtown Mile is a popular shopping area located in downtown Atlanta. It features a variety of high-end retailers, such as Saks Fifth Avenue and Neiman Marcus.
The Downtown Connector is a vibrant pedestrian corridor that runs through the heart of downtown Atlanta. It includes dozens of specialty stores, such as Anthropologie, Lululemon Athletica and Harry & David.
Rosewood Area offers a unique shopping experience that includes multiple antique stores, art galleries and boutiques.
Avenue Place Mall is one of the largest malls in the Southeast and features more than 125 stores, including Nike, Macy's, and JCPenney.
If you're looking for something specific to buy in Atlanta, be sure to check out the city's many online retailers, such as Zulily and ShopStyle.
Atlanta is a bustling city with plenty to offer tourists, whether they're looking for sightseeing, nightlife or someplace to eat. This Atlanta travel guide will help you plan your trip and find the best places to go. From the top attractions in town to hidden gems that you may have missed, this guide has it all. So if you're thinking about visiting Atlanta soon, be sure to check out this helpful travel guide!